Experience the Somerville difference for your career!
Sales Account Manager, Hino Trucks - Scarborough
Join our growing, forward-thinking team! For over 60 years, Somerville has been a name that represents integrity and quality in the transportation industry. Our highly trained sales and service teams have earned a credible reputation through their unwavering commitment to customer service excellence. We are deeply rooted in family values with an entrepreneurial culture where ideas are welcomed, growth is fostered and high performance is championed. We focus on caring about people, working together, and teamwork.
As a Somerville Hino Sales Account Manager, you already have a proven sales track record and ability to build and maintain deep commercial relationships. You are a phenomenal prospector - you can cold call in your sleep; in-person business development meetings are second nature to you. Even your friends admit that you have an uncanny knack for understanding today’s technology which you use to help you to discover and meet your client’s needs. Strong, clear communication is important to you; maybe you even speak multiple languages such as: Mandarin, Cantonese, Hindi, and/or Punjabi? Those same friends also call you a proactive, solutions-focused person, who embraces each challenge as an opportunity!
Professionals looking for personal & professional growth that ties into a long lasting career with mobility opportunities will find that within our Somerville Auto Group organization.
What else makes you a great fit for this role? You can:
- Develop and manage your own book of commercial clients, selling new and used Hino trucks and other value-added products to a variety of industries, including: food distribution, delivery services, moving, construction, landscaping, waste removal, healthcare, and leasing.
- Cultivate and manage your own transaction pipeline by logging sales activity (Quotes, Contracted Deals, and Deliveries) by leveraging the CRM systems (One-Eighty), Google Suite software, and internal reporting.
- Forge lasting client relationships within Somerville Hino’s area of responsibility (geography) to deepen penetration and develop Somerville market share.
- Prioritize and manage your sales funnel of opportunities from the initial phone call through truck build out and timely delivery.
- Partner with a variety of truck body building companies who customize your end customer product (the truck) based on industry, purpose, and customer preference. Request pricing, deliver quotations, and manage delivery timelines.
- Equipment Financing: 1 in 2 Somerville Hino customers choose to finance or lease their truck and they will ask you for recommendations. You will collaborate with our in-house leasing company (Somerville National Leasing) and third-party lenders to provide competitive quotes and value-added finance solutions for your customers while adding
to overall Somerville contribution margins. You are the provider of Hino and finance solutions for your clients.
- Liaise with Somerville Service, Parts, and Leasing teams to deliver a one-stop-shop solution to your customers, and coordinate smooth hand-offs and transition customers to Somerville Hino’s Service team based on request type and need.
- Collaborate with fellow sales team members on deliveries, floor days, and customer management.
- Show that you are a team player by cooperating with the Inventory team to ensure that Hino trucks are properly received, inspected, certified for safety, and prepared for timely final delivery.
- Collaborate with Somerville’s Marketing team to deliver best-in-class digital, print, and strategic competitive marketing to Somerville customers.
- Ensure that deal documentation processes are upheld and collaborate with Sales Effectiveness and Accounting teams to properly close deals upon final delivery.
Somerville is committed to personal development for all team members who have the motivation and attitude to evolve. We promote diversity and inclusion and respect the rights of every individual to work to their highest potential, free of discrimination.
- Full “G” Class Driver’s license with a good driving record.
- At least three years of B2B sales experience.
- Knowledge of light and/or heavy duty trucks.
- Strong commitment to building relationships and delivering outstanding customer service.
- The entrepreneurial focus and drive to succeed.
Culture Matters. We are a family-owned business that cares about one another as much as we care about our customers! At Somerville your voice will be heard, as we are always looking for ways to improve and innovate. We believe in: "May the best idea win.” Employee Surveys & Bi-Annual reviews allow for ample communication and feedback outside of regular day to day operations. We support work-life balance and support our team members accordingly.
- A great work environment, with an active social club and events such as a pre long weekend BBQ’s!
- Base Salary plus Competitive Variable Compensation Plan.
- Excellent Health and Dental Benefits, including an Employee Assistance Program. ? Vision care.
- Your birthday off, with pay!
- Fun Company Social Events
- Work-Life Balance - Regular working hours: Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm (although occasional overtime may be required).
- A fulfilling career where you can relate to and engage with an incredible team. ? Opportunity to advance within a family owned and operated company.
At Somerville Hino, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. Somerville Hino is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.